The Georgia asthma surveillance system uses population-based data sources to monitor trends of asthma and to describe the physical and economic burden of asthma on Georgia's population.
- To collect information on prevalence, hospitalization, mortality, and risk for asthma in Georgia.
- To produce reports describing the burden of asthma for the public and health care professionals.
- To provide information to develop asthma management programs and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs.
- To improve the quality of life of Georgians with asthma and reduce the burden of asthma in Georgia.
Data & Reports
- 2010 Georgia Data Summary: Asthma
- 2010 Georgia Program and Data Summary: Asthma
- 2010 Georgia Data Summary: Asthma and Secondhand Smoke
- 2008 Georgia Data Summary: Asthma
- 2008 Georgia Program and Data Summary: Asthma
- 2008 Georgia Data Summary: Asthma and Secondhand Smoke
- Asthma Data Summary 2007
- Asthma Program and Data Summary 2007
- Asthma and Secondhand Smoke Data Summary 2007
- Georgia Asthma Surveillance Report 2007
- This comphrehensive report presents data on asthma prevalence and its risk factors, work-related asthma, health care utilization, asthma severity and deaths, and asthma management practices for children, youth, and adults.
- Asthma Data Summary 2006
- Asthma Program and Data Summary 2006
- Asthma and Secondhand Smoke Data Summary 2006
- Asthma Data Summary 2005
- The Burden of Asthma in Georgia 2003
- This report describes the burden of asthma in Georgia, focusing on middle school students, high school students, and adults. It contains information on risk factors associated with asthma, hospitalizations, and deaths from asthma.
- Asthma in Georgia 2000 Report
- This report describes the burden of asthma in Georgia, mainly focusing on childhood asthma. It contains information from three sources; 1) a survey of asthma among Georgia children conducted in 2000, 2) Georgia hospital discharge data for 1998-1999, and 3) Georgia mortality data for 1982-1998.