Travel Immunizations Information
Consider Vaccines Before You Go
To help prevent illness while away, travel-medicine experts recommend that visitors to foreign countries check to see what vaccines or preventatives are required before traveling.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests that some travelers consider being vaccinated against the flu, which occurs year-round in the Caribbean, and April through September in the Southern Hemisphere. Other threats include malaria, typhoid, hepatitis A and B, yellow fever, and rabies.
- CDC Travel Information
Designated Yellow Fever and Travel Vaccination Clinics
- Find sites that offer yellow fever and other travel vaccines.
- Immunization Action Coalition (IAC)---Travel Vaccine Information
- This site offers a number of links related to travelersí health.
- International Travel and Health (World Health Organization)
- The WHO offers vaccination requirements and health advice for travelers.